Thursday, April 12, 2012

Paper&Wedding

Today was a fantastic *spring break* day... oh how I love this time of the year. Since I was on spring break it felt like the perfect time to chat with my favorite stationer, Amy Hannon of Sincerely Yours Paper. So I may confirm something you have all probably known for a while... I have secretly been planning my wedding for years... haha and a long, long time ago (maybe a year or so) I found Amy's work through Style Me Pretty, which is a blog about all things wedding that is meant to inspire, and I knew that one day I wanted her to help me design the most amazing custom wedding invitation.... well today was that magical day!

I have always had a love of paper... I think it started at an early age when I would not write on notebook paper that had any sort of crease in it... yes, those OCD moments still happen to this day and my students think I have lost my mind half the time and that I waste too much paper... oh well.

Well anyway back to the story...

So before we chatted today over the phone Amy had mailed to me... (all the way from Arkansas) a huge paper swatch booklet...


Wow.. can I tell you first how excited I was over the blue ribbon.. (I would have done the exact same thing.. haha) and secondly how overwhelming all of those papers looked! There were oh so many!

Well before today came I thumbed through every single one of those little swatches and I picked out a few that I liked, but wasn't quite sure about... after our two-hour phone conversation I am happy to say that three little swatches made their way out of the pack...


Are they not just lovely? Ohh they make me smile! I will not spill all the beans, but lets just say that there will be so much sweetness and lovelyness within that tiny little envelope... also, maybe just a little piece of twine too! :)

Also afterwards I took a look down at my wedding planning notebook... yes I have one, don't judge... and smiled because I really felt like I was beginning to actually plan....

Amy found through my Pinterest page my love of calligraphy so I am very excited that my actual work is going to be a main feature throughout our entire set of stationary... so all the notes are words that I have to work on writing over the summer while I am free!! :)

I am so excited about all the blogging opportunities wedding planning is giving me so look for more soon! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment