Sunday, June 10, 2012

Wedding Cornhole Boards ♥

This weekend Jonathan and I embarked on an adventure and let me tell you what a wonderful (and of course beautiful) adventure it was...

A few weeks ago we went and purchased a set of unfinished cornhole boards and bags to eventually paint and use at our engagement party and our wedding... well this weekend we spent our entire time together painting and painting and painting and right now we are sitting with the most fabulous set of cornhole boards ever. Can I just say I am swooning?

All our supplies ready to go!
Putting on the first coat of white primer... in the kitchen of course!
Beginnings of the border--we used painters tape for the lines.
Jonathan worked on our designs and this was the final product. We laid down tape and then used an exacto knife to make a stencil.
Here's our first board ready for paint! We were so nervous!
We painted it a grey-blue color and then pulled off the tape. Our first few pulls went really slow because we didn't want to mess it up!
Finished grey-blue board... LOVE!
A few hours days later here is our completed set.
We absolutely adore them!

Jonathan and I had a blast working on this project together and I am so thankful for the experiences we had. Yes, we argued over little details and then laughed about it later... haha. Experiences like this truly make us love each other more

Have a great evening! 

4 comments:

  1. You are definitely one of the most creative people I have EVER known. Martha Stewart's got NOTHING on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing!! Using the painters tape and exacto knife is such a great idea. I just have a question, how did you print out the "P"? I see that it's like 3 papers taped together, but how'd you get it so big?

    ReplyDelete