Friday, August 14, 2009

One great step..

Today finished out my New Teacher Orientation and my brain feels so overwhelmed.  We covered so much the past three days from how to get ready for your first day to the new evaluation process.  I know that I will get the hang of the real "teacher" things that are to come, but right now it seems impossible.  I have to say that I can't wait until that lovely title of "career status" comes.

Also, today I went to the..... teacher store !!!  I needed to remember some reasons why I loved teaching!  I found a great poster that had a kitty on it!!  I can't wait to hang it!  In our classrooms we have five... yes five, bulletin boards so I used some of the time today to come up with what I needed for those.  One of my bulletin boards will be "Get Hooked on Math" so today at the store I got a cute fish border for that board.  Another bulletin board is one of those huge ones that is like two boards in one so on that board last year I put "In Our Neck of the Woods..." and that is where I put the school news.  Well I was so excited today because I found a 6 foot tall tree that I can put on the bulletin board and then up on the wall!!!  Its amazing the little things that make us teachers happy.  Today during the New Teacher Orientation we had a discussion about how much we all love the smell of new books, Staples, and any new school supplies.... we are so funny and unique...

Next Tuesday will be the opening workday...

Until the next few workdays...  Jess :)

No comments:

Post a Comment