Saturday, August 22, 2009

Ahh.. The smell of new school supplies...

Yes, all my fellow teachers know that the smell of new school supplies is just like the smell of new clothes or shoes.. amazing. This past week has flown by and it leaves me to suspect that this school year will fly by as well! My classroom is completely set up so I am so excited about that! I will definitely post pictures soon! I get picked on constantly at school about how colorful and "faux" elementary it looks, but it makes me happy to be at work everyday so I don't care!!! I think that it sparks excitement in my students!

I do have to admit something funny that I realized I did last year. I was going through some of the letters that I sent home last year when I started teaching in April. How about genius me sent home a form that stated "Please FEEL this out completely and return..." haha I am so glad no parents caught that one, but I guess my excuse can be that I teach math so yeah.. haha. I definitely shared it with my fellow teachers just to spark laughter and then they all began rubbing my piece of paper.. haha what great people I work with! :)

I have come to realize that I am going to have to stay ORGANIZED this year. Even if I have to stay after school an extra 30 minutes to do so then I am! As I was cleaning out my desk from last year I noticed how disarrayed it became haha.. it was in a very sad state.

One thing that I am struggling with in the beginning is that I have a homebound student and I am already going crazy about how to stay ahead of the game! I mean I do plan, but not that much in advanced, but I will make it work as my favorite person Tim Gunn states! That is definitely my motto this year! I really want to give that student the same education that the rest of my students have, thats only fair.

By the way, I am so excited about this new season of Project Runway.. haha.

I have already began to realize that I love teaching but the meetings are a little much, but I guess they are required and needed in the world. I can definitely practice my doodling abilities. :) Yes, I do doodle during any meetings and classes, but I am listening I promise! It helps me focus and not start day dreaming!

So to conclude I guess I have a few goals for this coming up year:
1. Stay ORGANIZED... ahh that "o" word
2. Make it work... oh Tim
3. Stay positive... shouldn't be hard

Well, until next time.... ;)

Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment