Saturday, August 8, 2009

Embarking on a Beautiful Adventure

I am so excited about this blog.  I hope that I am able to keep it up and going.  The point behind this is that I am embarking on a new journey in my life and I wanted a great way to record each and every crazy moment.

Recently I graduated from East Carolina University with a degree in Secondary Mathematics Education... okay so that is the official name, but I am just your everyday high school math teacher.  This year will be my first year as an actual teacher and I wanted a way to remember every detail.  I hope that this will work because I have a feeling it could turn out to be amazing.

Currently I am beginning to be overwhelmed with the variety of required meetings that I have to already attend.  I have received three letters in the mail already informing me of these wonderful events!  I will begin my "New Teacher Orientation" next Wednesday and I have a feeling this will be informative, but yet quite boring.  I probably will use this time to prefect my bulletin board ideas.  In our classrooms we have five - - yes five bulletin boards.  It is so difficult to keep my creativity going from board to board, but I will try.  I already have some items, because last April I was early released from ECU to begin teaching early and I couldn't just leave the classroom blank ....  but being the person that I am I could not possibly leave the same things up (or in the exact same spot)... so its time to get creative....

Until next time...  Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment