Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Classroom Craft: Cork Board


Classroom Craft Two: Nifty Cork Board

Materials:
Plain Cork Board, Ribbon (I found 3 I loved!), Paint, Masking Tape, Exacto Knife


Step One:
Tape off the edge around the cork board, use the exacto knife to make sharp edges.

Step Two:
Now the fun part!! Tape the entire cork board with the masking tape. You can leave the edges rough until the end and cut them all at the same time with the exacto knife.



Step Three:
Now this is really the fun part... all sarcasm aside! Since I love MATH and NUMBERS (...and this is going in my classroom...) I decided to sketch the numbers 0-9 on the board in different fonts and sizes, but the great thing about this is that you can do anything! You can sketch your name, flowers, sailboats... whatever your heart desires!

Step Four:
After drawing your design take the exacto knife and cut out each shape. I wanted to leave the numbers as the natural cork color so I removed the tape around them, but you can easily do it the opposite way!

Step Five:
Now paint whatever you want! I went for a blueish-yellow look, but you could do polka dots, rainbow, or anything!

Step Five:
Now the most amazing part is when you peel away the tape and you see your finished masterpiece! I was so amazed by how it looked!

Step Six:
Know you must add bows and ribbons! I screwed in two round hooks to the top so that I could tie the ribbon and bows, but you could easily use hot glue!

I hope you have fun trying this craft, or if you want me to make you one I would love too... I am trying to figure out where I could put another cork board!! :)

4 comments:

  1. Jessica,
    You are just as creative as your mom.
    Leigh Corbin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! I love summers because I have time to think about being creative!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea Jessica. Would love to get you to make me one even if I have to purchase it. You are so crafty. Good luck with the beginning of school!

    ReplyDelete